Wednesday 21 August 2013

Hari Raya

Happy Hari Raya!

I know it's already too late but whatever.

Hari Raya was the day I expected the most, because my family were coming to Singapore! Not my parents though. My first ever hari raya without my parents (and my brother). I initially wanted to go home but the holiday wasn't that long, and my aunt said that they were coming to Singapore to have a short getaway and also to spend hari raya together with me. So I spent my hari raya with my grandparent, my uncle, my aunt, and my cousins, they were staying for 3 days.

On the first day of hari raya, we went to sholat Ied at Al-Falah Mosque, which was across Paragon shopping mall in Orchard Road. There's a must-eat food for hari raya, which is  "Lontong", but I think it would be kind of hard to find Lontong, so my aunt decided to bring Lontong all the way from Indonesia, along with its soup, crackers, and beef rendang. Oh my, it tasted so good I could die. We ate Lontong twice that day.

I spent another 2 days with them, staying at the hotel with them. We were given THR (or in another word, angpao) and we shopped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment